What makes POLAND such a great place to begin your intellectual journey?
Poland is a member of the European Union, located in Central Europe. It is a modern, multicultural and multinational country deeply rooted in tradition and full of creative energy. Poland is a thriving center of academic life where high quality education is offered at a reasonable price and costs of living are relatively low in comparison to other European countries. Each year, more and more international students choose to begin their studies or careers in Poland. The University campuses are located in majorcities: Warsaw, Lodz and Cracow, all of which offer a wide range of job opportunities in the IT, banking or logistics sectors.
- Official name: Republic of Poland (short form: Poland)
- Government type: republic
- Location: Central Europe
- Border countries: Belarus, Czech Republic, Germany, Lithuania, Russia (Kaliningrad Oblast), Slovakia, Ukraine
- Language: Polish
- Capital city: Warsaw
- Major cities: Gdańsk, Kraków, Łódź, Poznań, Wrocław
- Population: around 38 mln inhabitants
- Climate: The climate of Poland is mostly temperate throughout the country. Summers are usually very warm (even hot) with average temperatures between 20-30 °C (68-86 °F) and winters are rather cold (sometimes with heavy snowfall) with average temperatures around or below 0 °C (32 °F).
- Member of the European Union: Since 2004
- Monetary unit: zloty (PLN)